[mythtv-users] WinXP video editor suggestions?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 11:29:07 UTC 2006

List,

My DVR is really a glorified VCR...it is a headless server that interacts with a CSTB.  I access MythFrontend over a VNC connection.  This is fast enough to use the static displays but viewing TV or editing video over this connection is impossible.

So, I have to rely upon the Myth cutlist, which so far has never worked (either a problem with nuvexport or the cutlist itself, I don't know how to troubleshoot either).  Can anyone recommend an alternate solution?  Is there any FOSS video editing software for either Ubuntu or XP?  I figure it might be possible to transcode the video and then use an editor to remove the commercials manually.

Thanks,
Pete