[mythtv-users] Upcoming Recordings missing after reboot.

Deon Bredenhann deon1 at propellerheads.co.za
Mon Dec 4 10:57:02 UTC 2006

Hi all

All of this happend after an upgrade. (myth, ivtv, lirc)

OK. I've been looking at this in the archives, but I don't find anyone
with the same problem. Almost, but not exactly.

After reboot all upcoming recordings is missing. Now for the strange
part in fixing this.

stop mythbackend
run mythtvsetup and quit without changing anything.
start mythbackend
mythfilldatabase

And everything is back to normal

The strange part here is run mythtvsetup and quit without doing anything
inside it. If you leave out that step, everything is still broken.

I've read in the archives about changes in ivtv that the reference to
the tuner changes from 'Tuner 0' to 'Tuner'. Where is this?
ivtvctl -n shows 'Tuner 0', so is this applicable to me?

Hauppauge PVR350

So here is my list of installed packages.

Centos 4.4
kernel 2.6.9-34.0.2.EL
myth[tv|backend|setup|frontend] 0.20-147

ivtv-kmdl-2.6.9-34.0.2.EL-0.4.6-109.el4.at
ivtv_xdriver-0.10.6-6.el4.at
ivtv-0.4.7-110.el4.at
ivtv-firmware-1.8a-10.at

Thanx a mil