[mythtv-users] Recording from a video camera

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Mon Dec 4 00:35:51 UTC 2006

Thanks for the response.

I have to say it all sounds like chinese to me.
The switches are all different and I don't have a version of itvtvctl to
compare the switches with.

Would anyone help me be able to map:
ivtvctl -u 0x3000 ==>  v4l2-ctl -?
- Looks like it might be:
- v4l2-ctl --set-codec-params=0x3000
- But I really don't know why I would be setting this.
This is just an older analog Samsung video camera.  I usually attach it to
me VCR and choose Line1.  Never really had to bother otherwise.

ivtvctl -p # ==>  v4l2-ctl -?
- Hmm, might be:
- v4l2-ctl --set-input=<num>, but how do you decide what # to use.

ls /dev/vi*
/dev/video   /dev/video1   /dev/video25  /dev/video33
/dev/video0  /dev/video24  /dev/video32

I have tried capturing from all devices and only 0,1 have video (tuner data)
on them.

ivtvctl -f width=720,height=480 ==>  v4l2-ctl -?
- v4l2-ctl --set-format=width=<720>,height=<480>

Thanks,
Dave