[mythtv-users] Recording Groups and Categories

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Dec 3 20:39:10 UTC 2006

* On Sun Dec 03, 2006 at 06:55:03PM +0000, Stutty wrote:
> On 11/30/06, Trey Thompson <treythompson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know where to tell it to NOT display Categories in the
> > Recorded Programs area so that I can limit my kids to the Kids group?
>
> In case you're still searching, I don't think this is in 'Setting' any longer?
>
> Go to Watch Recordings
> Select Menu >> Change Group View
> Deselect 'Show Categories'
> Save Group View.

Yes, the setting would have been very overly complicated with the recent
addition of the Watch List and Search Rules on the Watch Recordings screen.
It is much easier to just select the ones you want right on the Watch
Recordings screen and get immediate feedback (before you even hit 'Save') of
what your change will do.

Even with the old setting, if the kids knew how to get to the menu, they could
change the setting and change the Recording Group or view a different category.

I don't think there is a way to pin the 'viewers' to a specific Recording Group
or category although it would be a nice feature.  Look for it to be added to SVN
by the time my 6 month old daughter gets old enough to work the remote. ;)

--
Chris