[mythtv-users] spdif output and subwoofer

Joel Jacobs jj7499 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 19:39:15 UTC 2006

Hello,
I am not getting any sub woofer channel from the spdif output.  I have
my audio output device set to ALSA:spidif and mixer set to default.  I
have no .asoundrc file.  I'm using an HD-5500 tuner.  I see the HD 5.1
logo on the shows I'm recording but have never heard any output from the
sub woofer.  Also myths volume control is not working.
   When I play a DVD with xine the sub works fine and xine can also
control the volume - also using the spidif output.
   So, question is - is there supposed to be sub woofer output with off
air HDTV programming and if not is there a way to simulate it?
Thanks much!
Joel

Oh yeah I'm using Myth 2.0