[mythtv-users] letterboxing widescreen signals

jonathan lane jonathan_lane at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 19:06:33 UTC 2006

I'm having a bit of trouble with my mthtv set-up. My Widescreen TV completely died yesterday and I've had to switch to an old non-widescreen set until i can afford to get a new one - probably a few months away. Anyway, I've been using a PVR350 in my set-up to record widescreen programs on the S-Video input. Now that I'm playing them back I can't for the life of me find a way to make them appear correctly letterboxed on my TV. I don't think there's any setting on the TV that I can change, I've tried changing my xorg.conf file to tell it I'm on a 4:3 TV now but I guess the 350 doesn't use that for playback.

So I need some help in how to tel IVTV, or MythTV or something to add letterbox bars to my videos. I know it can't tell the difference between widescreen and non-widescreen content so I'm happy to manually switch back and forth between the settings manually .

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Jonathan.