[mythtv-users] resolutions for PAL SD DVB TV?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 18:07:55 UTC 2006

On 02/12/06, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am in PAL-land and run my screen at 720x576.
> In the database I see various mentions of 640x480 for GUI and TV
> resolutions. Is this OK or should I change to PAL resolutions? (or what
> else?)
> In other words: What is optimal for PAL SD DVB TV?

I run my widescreen TV at 1024x576 for standard definition UK DVB, and
my widescreen monitor at 1440x900. I would always try to run a TV
screen with the same vertical resolution as the DVB stream (i.e. 576
pixels) and a computer monitor >= 576 pixels.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/