[mythtv-users] A Very Myth-y Holiday to All

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Dec 2 22:20:58 UTC 2006

'Twas the Night Before Christmas and all through the house
The Frontends were running, not needing a mouse

The channels were changing as quick as could be
With much thanks to Hauppauge and LIRC

The hard drives were spinning, and storing all frames
Of things such as football, and busty young dames

The drivers were pushing out pixels to see
With some help from xorg, and XvMC

Then all of a sudden, from out of no place
Came stuff wouldn't fit into Myth's database

When asked to explain it Zap2It said "Huummm..
We have no idea where this data came from"

It seemed to refer to a certain S. Claus
And some sort of trans-polar voyage he'd cause

To transfer some gifts that he had on his sleigh
To persons less fortunate, found on his way

"I'm here to strip adverts and other debris
 From otherwise useful programming that's free"

But among certain circles there was great big dismay
Not least among them them the MPAA

"No commercials" they said, "what will we do to eat" ?
"Not a problem" said Claus, "look at what's on my seat"

Movies and programs and sports and much more
All to be viewed by us all rich and poor

But still people wanted yet more for no bill
They wanted the channels to change faster still

"You're asking too much" said the man clad in red
"After all you're not paying" said he from his sled

The last thing we heard as the sleigh entered the mist
was "My name is Isaac, I've just shut down this list"

---------

[PLEASE don't anyone take offense at this, it was certainly not meant
to offend anyone. I think Santa transcends any religious issues and
this was truly meant "all in good fun".]

Happy Holidays to all.
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org