[mythtv-users] Socket error when changing channel

Claude M. Schrader myth at claudeschrader.com
Sat Dec 2 20:34:00 UTC 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 02:44:04PM -0500, Claude M. Schrader wrote:
> Hello,
> I am currently having a problem with changing channels in myth. running
> myth .20-fixes on gentoo, I get the following error. Any thoughts on what
> this might mean? I'm using a PVR-500 to capture from a Dish 322, and using
> the my.tv blaster device to control the tuner. Thanks,
> Claude

hmm,
it seems my problem is self inflicted. I had added a "SELECT" keypress to
wmunson's myblaster.pl script, to try to fend off the dish network
screensaver thing that pops up after a while of inactivity. It seems
mythtv was timing out waiting for the script or something, with this
option added. Has anyone else done this successfully?
Claude