[mythtv-users] IVTV 0.8.1 and PVR 500 with new Samsung tuners

Mike Lewis listemailaccount at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 18:03:16 UTC 2006

> Try this post:
>
>     http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/33034
>
> It *sounds* unrelated, but there are two things of interest: (1) I was
> using the default sizes which is 640x480 and so is scaled, (2) I noticed
> the ivtv-vbi job taking "noticeable" CPU cycles last week which is
> something I hadn't noticed in the past.  I didn't actually note how
> much, simply that it kept showing up in top when I hadn't recalled that
> in the past.
>
> I've changed all my recording profiles to use 720x480 (NTSC), and during
> a short session of watching LiveTV today, the problem did not show up.
> The problem has always showed up withing a couple of minutes before, but
> I watched for at least 10 without seeing it.
>
> regards,
>
> roland

Well, I have always used the 720x480 setting, and I don't think it's
DMA but I could be wrong.  WHILE recording on 1 tuner, and playing
another video on the frontend (FE and BE are the same machine), I can
still obtain this:

tv1 ~ # hdparm -tT /dev/md2

/dev/md2:
 Timing cached reads:   1184 MB in  2.01 seconds = 589.36 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:   92 MB in  3.21 seconds =  28.62 MB/sec

I have noticed that is doesn't happen ALL the time, but 80% to 90% of
it.  It has really jacked up trying to process any of the video
externally, and watching the video jacks the A/V sync.  My
installation has worked great since it's first install in March and
now I don't know what to do.

Any other ideas?  Check it out... 7 seconds in.  This one is pretty
minor compared to some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC8qiowyGfw