[mythtv-users] manual scheduling problem v0.20

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 02:14:57 UTC 2006

On 27/11/06, J. Addington <last_atarian at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am needing to use Myth's manual record scheduling in
> order to capture from a channel linked to composite.
> I go to the Manual scheduler, and save the info.  The
> Upcoming recordings list its status as "Will Record".
> When it's time for it to start, it immediately shows
> the recording is finished and never records anything.
> It does the same thing when it's set to a regular
> channel in manual mode.

It's possible that tuning to the MythTV channel is failing (no real
tuning occurs on a baseband video input) and this can cause
termination of the recording. If you are manually controlling the
video feed you may need to specfiy '/bin/true' as the tuning command
for the composite input (mythtv-setup -> input connections). You must
also make sure the channel is correctly setup and its video source
attached to the correct composite input.

You should also check the backend logfile for useful error messages
wihch will help diagnosing the reason the terminating recordings.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/