[mythtv-users] OT: SP130000 clock runs fast

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Dec 1 23:54:16 UTC 2006

David Watkins wrote:
> On 30/11/06, Jeff Wormsley <daworm at comcast.net> wrote:
>> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>>> And yes I know about ntp. The box is not connected to the 'net in any way.
>> Then where do you get your guide data?
>
> Possibly using the 'Over the Air' EIT guide?  Which make me wonder,
> maybe there's a time check in that data.  My old VCR used to
> automatically set its clock.
>
> Maybe you can strip it out

That's an interesting idea about time data in the stream. I don't know
if there is any EIT data on analog cable or on the digital channels on
the cable. In fact I know basiscally nothing about EIT except that it
exists and people in other places far far away make use of it...
More research required. And my older VCR used to do that too, but not
the newer one.

But that's not how I get guide data. See prior post.

Geoff