[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel switching time

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Fri Dec 1 22:17:58 UTC 2006

> > Tried that,
> > the real time seems to be 4-5 seconds here. (DVB)
> > Frontend and backend are on the same box, but the database
> > behind a WiFI connection.
>
> I'd be jumping up and down with glee if I was getting only 4-5 second
> channel changes and my database was remote via wi-fi. Can you try
> putting your database locally and checking the time? Or maybe just
> trace the db and see how long it's taking to execute your query once
> entering LiveTV?

See, hat wasn't so hard, Brad. Something constructive...

Anyway, I don't think the WiFi is a problem here. Just traced what
is going on with ethereal and found that the queries take some 0.01 s each,
which is to be expected as they are really moving very little data.

So thanks, I don't think this is the problem either.

Best
Dag