[mythtv-users] storage groups and the video directory

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 19:43:37 UTC 2006

I downloaded and setup the latest svn last night with storage groups and so
far it is working great. My plans where to get rid of my LVM. The only thing
I have run in to is that without using LVM the best I can do is put my video
storage for my movies on one of my large partitions and share it with the
storage groups. I thought it would be really nice to be able to use a
storage group for movies letting you distribute the movies across multiple
directories if needed including storage another system. I have to admit that
I think this is a really great feature especially when you need lots of
storage. Does any of the other DVR's have anything that comes close to this
feature? Thanks again and talk about a good time to rebuild you box.

Allan