[mythtv-users] An option for watching tv

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 19:12:40 UTC 2006

On 12/1/06, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:

> > one of them is acceptable to you.  The answer here is not to change the
> > software that works wonderfully for most everyone else to fit your
> specific,
>

> Well, while I agree with most of your points I wouldn't go that far. If
> there is something we are doing, or can do better to improve channel change
> times (within the existing pvr structure, I'm not talking about unbuffered
> "live" tv) it's certainly something that would be done or looked at.

Agreed, except I wasn't talking about channel change times.  I was talking
about the OP's original request to have live TV continue recording when it
is out of disk space.  He only has 4GB of disk and wants to constantly watch
live TV.  So he wants the system, when it gets low on space, to remove the
previous live TV video to free up space and then start saving any future
video in that newly available space.  His problem isn't that live TV is
broken, it's that he doesn't have a system capable of running MythTV the way
it was designed.

Brad