[mythtv-users] Hauppage Remote - No Back/Exit?!

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Fri Dec 1 02:56:43 UTC 2006

Well, I updated my mythtv install and migrated off of the customized
lirc_pvr150 kernel module to the normal one from ATrpms.  The pvr150
kernel module I was using I had built to enable the IR blaster, which I,
after testing out, I decided it was better to use the serial connection
for greater accuracy.

Anyhow.. all of that aside, in the process of updating that, I updated
the mythtv RPMS, too.  Everything went well.

Although, now, my "Back/Exit" button on the Hauppage remote doesn't do
anything any longer.  I checked "irw" and I can see that it is receiving
the Back/Exit code:
000000000000179f 00 Back/Exit Hauppauge_350

I'm using the lircd.conf from the lirc build for the hauppage.  I'm also
using the .lircrc from the Fedora Myth(TV)ology (wilsonet.com).  I
didn't touch the .lircrc in this update, so I must've done something
else. :(  Unfortunately, the "Back/Exit" button is a rather important
button. :(

I've seen the .lircrc file as a mystical black art, so I haven't touched
it yet (although, I need to.  I cannot seem to figure out what player is
fired off for MPEG4 files, and I desperately need volume controls for
that player.. but that is another issue).

I'm just not sure where to start looking in order to debug this.. :(

-Rich