[mythtv-users] (no subject)

jim.herold at comcast.net jim.herold at comcast.net
Thu Aug 31 19:39:35 UTC 2006

>On 08/31/06 14:13, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
>
>>On 2006-08-31 14:08:50 -0400 jim.herold at comcast.net wrote:
>>
>>>When trying to make MythGallery and MythArchive I get a message that
>>>"/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.1.0/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld:
>>>cannot find -lXmu".
>>>
>>I have to manually add -L/usr/X11R6/lib to the make files in several
>>modules.
>>

>Wouldn't it be easier to just add:
>
>LIBS += -L/usr/X11R6/lib
>
>to settings.pro in the top directory rather than editing a bunch of
>auto-generated Makefiles in different directories?
>
>Then again, wouldn't it be more correct to just add
>
>/usr/X11R6/lib
>
>to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig?
>
>Mike

Thanks guys, unfortunately I've tried adding the LIB statement to the settings.pro
 and it didn't help.  I also confirmed that /usr/X11R6/lib was in the ld.so.conf file
 (was already there) and ran ldconfig just to be sure.  Nothin's helpin'.  I'm
wondering if it's somethin' with the 64bit OpenSuSE that doesn't like that library
 for some reason.

Anyone?  I'm in way over my head already.