[mythtv-users] winmyth database connection.

Paul Kidwell tmbomber at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 17:47:33 UTC 2006

mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to get winmyth to work on a winxp laptop.  I have the
> DSfilters configured to connect to the same ip that my router assigns
> to my Linux box.  I've entered the correct mysql password.  I've
> allowed the laptop to make connection to the Linux box through my
> firewall.  I can connect to mythweb.  But, when  I try to test the
> mysql connection it fails.  Has any one had this problem?  Do I need
> to set anything up on the Linux side?

Checkout...

http://svn.wilsonet.com/projects/mythtvology/ticket/88

It took me forever to get MythWEB configured so it would work. The only thing I
had to do beyond what's discussed there is that I needed to map a network drive
letter to my backend hard drive and check "reconnect at login" to keep it
working.

(The backend required me to log in to see the drive. Then I got watching stuff
with MythWeb working as discribed in the link. When I booted my windows machine
the next day, nothing was working. When I went to go to "Network places" to
check if the backend was still up it made me log in again. I re-checked and I
was able to watch stuff again. My choices were to either log into my backend
every time I wanted to watch anything from my pc, or map a drive letter so the
pc would login for me.)

That link doesn't work for MythVideo files, so I don't have that working
presently.

As a side note, I was having trouble with MythMusic as well. Maping the drive
letter helped, but I had to add a link in the MythWeb directory on my back end
that pointed "music" to the directory containing all my mp3 files to get it
working.

Paul Kidwell
VP of R & D
Preferred Engineering