[mythtv-users] pauses when browsing recorded programs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 31 04:39:11 UTC 2006

On 08/31/06 00:18, mtrax11 wrote:

>I've noticed when I'm scrolling through the recorded program lists it pauses
>(with some disk activity) when I reach programs with multiple eposides or
>possibly just on some other unknown situation
>Is this because the recorded program lists is continually reloading these,
>can it be cached and updated or refreshed more efficency to smooth out the
>browsing /scrolling through entries?

The pauses you get sound like those from generating preview thumbnail
images (pixmaps).

I don't remember when the code for this went in (so it could exist in
0.19), but in 0.20, the preview pixmaps are generated before they're
required (or in the background, when one needs re-created), so you don't
have "pauses" in the list.  If that code went in before 0.19 and you're
using 0.19 (or 0.19-fixes), that's not the issue.  If it didn't go in
before 0.19, it will be fixed by 0.20 (soon).  :)

Mike