[mythtv-users] Setting up VLC to be my video and DVD player

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 20:32:33 UTC 2006

I'm running into a problem where Xine's a/v sync is off.  I do like
the use of Menu's when playing back my DVD's and my ISO DVD rips, so
mplayer is not a[n] [easy] choice.  I've read that VLC is a good
alternative and works well with a/v sync and is very well written.

Can anyone provide me with the correct command line calls for VLC and
any caveats to using it as my Video player in mythvideo and my DVD
player in mythdvd?  Does VLC have LIRC support?  I'll be hunting
around google and VLC related webpages, but if anyone has first hand
info, that would be most appreciated.  Running MythTV-0.19-fixes and
have VLC 0.8.5 installed.

Thank you!

-Chad