[mythtv-users] All those cables

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Wed Aug 30 18:07:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 09:12:57PM +0100, Rick Smith wrote:
> I wondered if any one had a good scheme for managing the cables needed
> for even a modest myth setup.

A less modest setup seems to help. :-)  I have a split system with a
text-only console in the basement running the backend, and frontend
machines in the office and livingroom.  The one in the office plays on
the desktop monitor so there are no extra cables at all, while the one
in the livingroom has just the network input and A/V output to the
big-screen TV.  I had an existing network with cable-based internet to
begin with, so the only change was to add a splitter so I could feed one
cable into the modem and the other into the tuner.