[mythtv-users] Getting All Channels with Rogers Digital Cable

Claude Boucher mythtv.user at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 13:45:39 UTC 2006

Taylan Pince a écrit :

I encountered the same problem when I first set up my Myth system 18
months ago. As the previous posters said, the idea is to connect your
Scientific Atlanta (that's what Rogers is using, right?) set-top box to
your PVR350 to record the digital channels. The channel changing
operations can be done with an IR Blaster connected to the serial port
of your Myth backend.

While you're at it, you might also want to consider buying a second
capture card (such as a PVR150/PVR500) to record the 30 or so analog
channels (CBC, CTV, Global, CITY, TVO, the US networks...). The system
is flexible enough so you can asign priorities to channels in order to
record them on "classic" cable instead of "wasting" recording time on
your digital cable input. This way, you'll be able to record Peter
Mansbridge on one tuner while taping  some show/movie on a digital-only
channel.

Claude