[mythtv-users] MPEG-2 (DVB) to MPEG4 transcode - subtitles lost

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 29 22:31:21 UTC 2006

On 08/29/2006 10:54 AM, Osma Ahvenlampi wrote:
> I upgraded my 0.19-fixes (atrpms) install to SVN trunk a couple of days
> ago, and must say I'm quite happy how it looks. In particular:

> * built-in DVD player works great. Besides menu support and level of
> integration (no extra programs needed), I particularly appreciate having
> the same on-screen menus in the DVD playback as well (timestretching DVD
> movies is one of those relatively low value but fun little items :)

You can timestretch DVD's (or anything else) on a properly compiled xine
install with the audio postprocessing filter "stretch."  But, getting
everything in Myth's internal player has many other benefits, as you
mentioned.

> * OpenGL menus show potential, even though their utilisation in the
> MythCenter-wide theme I'm using is fairly limited at this point. Any
> recommendations for a particularly flashy theme or settings?
The use of OpenGL in the menus is currently fairly limited in all
themes.  TTBOMK, the only effect currently available is the "fade" (the
one you're seeing in MythCenter-wide) and there's not yet support for
themes to choose from the list of available effects (of which, there's
the one right now ;).

Mike