No subject

Fri Aug 25 14:39:41 UTC 2006

accept, which is indicated by the notches in the connection edge. See this
for more on that:

The disappointing part is that the PVR-150 and PVR-500 have the same notches
(2 notches, 3.3V), and yet the PVR-150 design seems to be flawed in some
critical way. I don't have a PVR-250 to comment on.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at] On Behalf Of John Drescher
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:50 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE with TYAN

On 8/29/06, darth vader < at> wrote:
> Ok, I know this "should" work, but I am wondering if anyone can give
> me a definite yes or no.
> The "new" backend is a TYAN Thunder i7500.  As this is a server board
> it uses PCI-X.  The Hauppauge card is PCI.
>  I know you can put PCI cards into PCI-X slots if they are PCI 2.? or
> higher.  Anyone know for sure what PCI standard the 500's adhere too?
> Can I use them in this board?  Thanks.
I have a pvr250 in a TYAN thunder k7 (with PCI-X slots) and a PVR 500 in a
Thunder K8W (S2885) with pci-x slots too. Currently I know the pvr 500 is in
the only pci slot on the board and I am not sure what slot the pvr250 is as
this is an older board. If you want (when I get
home) it would take me 10 minutes to put the pvr 500 in a pci-x slot and
post the results.

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at