[mythtv-users] Sound problem with BT878 capture card

Lachek Butalek lachek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 15:57:34 UTC 2006

Tried alsamixer but it doesn't seem to have an F4 option. The
instructions I followed said to use Kmix and check the red button for
Line (which apparently selects it for recording) and uncheck the green
button for Line (which mutes it). As I mentioned, that didn't work.

I got some local assistance, however, and things are now working.
Apparently alsamixer lists a device called "Capture" which was not
toggled for recording. My assistor (<-word?) toggled the CAPTUR flag
for the Capture device, as well as for Line, cranked the volume on
Capture and decreased it for Line (leaving Line muted), and suddenly
everything works fine. I don't pretend to understand why or how. =)

My guess is  that this solution is functionally identical to the one
you proposed, so thank you very much for the assistance!