[mythtv-users] Is it worth upgrading AMD sempron 3000+ to sempron 3400+

Ben Edwards (lists) lists at videonetwork.org
Tue Aug 29 09:41:17 UTC 2006

Recently I have been using mytharchive.  Its re-trans-coding is very CPU
intensive, as is to be expected.  I have a AMD Sempron 3000+ and noticed
the AMD Sempron 3400+ has come out.  As well as the clock speed going
from 1.8-2Ghz L2 cache has also gone from 128-256 and 64 bit extensions
have been enables.  Is it worth upgrading.

I actually have a Socket 754 main board and it is supposed to support
AMD 64, am I correct in thinking AMD have discontinued ADM 64 on this
chip-set?

Ben