[mythtv-users] D11-100 USB Connection!

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 04:55:03 UTC 2006

I have a new D11-100 Directv receiver, the one the with the usb port,
I am curious why all of the posts are using a usb->serial adapter.  Is
there some reason why it cannot be connected via a usb port on the
computer.  I have not plugged the box into my myth machine yet, and I
am curious as to wether it will destroy it if I plug it into the usb
port?  Is it just a programming issue with the usb port sending
commands to the box?  Is it remotely possible to try to control it
from a usb port?

If it is possible, I would be willing to try and tackle it.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org