[mythtv-users] MythDVD rip produces very low volume

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 21:05:39 UTC 2006

When I rip DVDs the volume of the resulting file is always extremely
low. I have to run 'transcode -i video-quiet.avi -P1 -s 3.0 -o
video-louder.avi -y raw' on each video after ripping to make the
volume reasonable, then replace the old file with the new file.

Is there some way for me to include the '-s 3.0' argument to transcode
during the initial rip so that I don't run into this issue any more?
It appears that the transcode command line is created in
mythdvd/mtd/jobthread.ccp, however I don't know enough coding to know
what changes to make.

I appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.

Bob C.