[mythtv-users] Dual DVB-S Receiver Capable of using CI / CAM module

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Aug 28 07:34:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, James Buckley wrote:

> or I buy 2 "Technotrend S2-3200 HDTV-S2 incl. Remote" Which might future
> proof (dangerous phrase!) me for if and when they start broadcasting free
> satellite HDTV

You should be able to get the HDTV signals on any DVB-S card - the card
itself doesn't know or care what type of data is in the transport stream.
I can certainly receive BBC-HD through my Nova-S (not that I have a
machine powerful enough to decode the BBC's H.264 stream in real time :).
It looks very impressive on my workstation's monitor once transcoded to
MPEG4 format though.

--

  - Steve