[mythtv-users] Dual DVB-S Receiver Capable of using CI / CAM module

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Aug 27 22:05:40 UTC 2006

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

> As long as the polarisation remains the same on the two tuners, it will
> work. As soon as they need different polarisation, one of them is going
> to have a failed recording.... (the one that tuned first).

And frequency band - if you try to get the high band on one tuner and the
low band on another it'll fail.

Also, your splitter needs to block the power feed and tone signals from
one of the tuners or you're likely to start blowing stuff up.

I grabbed a quad-LNB off ebay for about 8 quid - does the trick perfectly.

--

  - Steve