[mythtv-users] mytharchive problem

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Aug 27 19:23:52 UTC 2006

Ben Edwards (lists) wrote:
> Below is the end of the  mythburn.log file, anyone know what is wrong?
>
> Ben
>
> STAT: Processing /tmp/mytharchive/work/chaptermenu-1.mpg...
> STAT: VOBU 16 at 2MB, 1 PGCS
> INFO: Video pts = 0.184 .. 15.184
> INFO: Audio[8] pts = 0.184 .. 30.232
> INFO: Audio[32] pts = 0.184 .. 0.184
> STAT: VOBU 25 at 3MB, 1 PGCS
> INFO: Generating VTSM with the following video attributes:
> INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
> INFO: TV standard: pal
> INFO: Aspect ratio: 16:9
> INFO: Resolution: 720x576
> INFO: Audio ch 0 format: mp2/2ch, 48khz 20bps
>
> STAT: Processing /tmp/mytharchive/work/1/final.mpg...
> STAT: VOBU 9456 at 1088MB, 1 PGCS
> INFO: Video pts = 0.184 .. 5395.184
> INFO: Audio[0] pts = 0.184 .. 5394.712
> STAT: VOBU 9470 at 1090MB, 1 PGCS
> INFO: Generating VTS with the following video attributes:
> INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
> INFO: TV standard: pal
> INFO: Aspect ratio: 16:9
> INFO: Resolution: 352x288
> INFO: Audio ch 0 format: ac3/2ch, 48khz drc
>
> STAT: fixed 25 VOBUS
> STAT: fixed 9470 VOBUS
> INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
> STAT: Picking VTS 02
>
> STAT: Processing /tmp/mytharchive/work/chaptermenu-2.mpg...
> STAT: VOBU 16 at 2MB, 1 PGCS
> INFO: Video pts = 0.184 .. 15.184
> INFO: Audio[8] pts = 0.184 .. 30.232
> INFO: Audio[32] pts = 0.184 .. 0.184
> STAT: VOBU 25 at 3MB, 1 PGCS
> INFO: Generating VTSM with the following video attributes:
> INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
> INFO: TV standard: pal
> INFO: Aspect ratio: 4:3
> INFO: Resolution: 720x576
> INFO: Audio ch 0 format: mp2/2ch, 48khz 20bps
>
> STAT: Processing /tmp/mytharchive/work/2/final.mpg...
> ++ WARN: [mplex] Target data rate lower than computed requirement!
> ++ WARN: [mplex] N.b. a 20% or so discrepancy in variable bit-rate
> ++ WARN: [mplex] streams is common and harmless provided no time-outs
> will occur
> ++ WARN: [mplex] No seq. header starting new sequence after seq. end!
> WARN: attempt to update aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9; skipping
>
> INFO: Video pts = 0.184 .. 121.184 mythburn.log
> INFO: Audio[8] pts = 0.264 .. 121.296
> STAT: VOBU 252 at 42MB, 1 PGCS
> WARN: GOP is not closed on cell 1 of
> source /tmp/mytharchive/work/2/final.mpg of pgc 1
> INFO: Generating VTS with the following video attributes:
> INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
> INFO: TV standard: pal
> INFO: Aspect ratio: 4:3
> INFO: Resolution: 704x576
> INFO: Audio ch 0 format: mp2/2ch, 48khz 20bps
>
> **ERROR: [mplex] Need to split output but there appears to be no %d in
> the filename pattern /tmp/mytha rchive/work/2/final.mpg
> ERR:  Cannot jump to chapter 2 of title 1, only 1 exist
> ERR:  in VTSM pgc 0, button 2
> ERROR: Failed while running dvdauthor. Result: 1
>
> Terminated

Looks like mplex is failing but I have no idea why because mytharchive
isn't splitting the file?

**ERROR: [mplex] Need to split output but there appears to be no %d in
the filename pattern /tmp/mytha rchive/work/2/final.mpg

Is that the exact error or has an extra space been added in the filename?

If you can uncheck the 'Use FIFOs' setting on the second page of the
MythArchive settings and edit the mythburn.py script so that line ~1066
and ~1074 read
instead of
'-v, '0'
so mplex will produce some more output and will run before dvdauthor. If
you then rerun mytharchive with the same files and see what extra output
is produced in the log file and post the results.

Paul H.