[mythtv-users] [OT] Which hard disk to choose

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 06:06:01 UTC 2006

Sorry to ask this old chestnut again. I know it's been asked many times, but...

Any recommendations of which of these two I should choose?

Seagate Barracuda ST3220620A 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache Memory IDE
or
Samsung HD300LD 300GB 8MB Cache PATA Hard Disk Drive

I guess the key criteria for me are quietness, reliability and storage space.

Also, are PATA disks compatible with a bog standard IDE interface? I
currently have an ATA disk (I think), so will a PATA one work?

Regards,
Phill