[mythtv-users] UK DVB-T radio recording/LiveTV failing (SVN 10943)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 03:34:09 UTC 2006

On 25/08/06, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> This was working before on SVN 10424 (I'd successfully recorded the
> last run of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue on BBC Radio4 in June) but last
> night a rule tried recording the new series of Hamish and Dougal,
> which failed (still on 10424), and tonight some Edinburgh Festival
> programming (after upgrading to 10943) also failed. The backend logs
> show the same error:
>
> 2006-08-25 20:29:21.276 DTVSM(0) Error: We want 0 audio and 1 video streams
>                         But have 1 audio and 0 video streams
>
> When changing to a radio channel in LiveTV, the frontend states that
> tuning has timed out, allowing me to wait, or change channel.
> Annoyingly these broken recordings are still entered in the recorded
> table, even though they have failed to record (this is surely a bug?).

Further testing tonight with xine (using a channels.conf generated by
scan) and Kaffeine (scanning for channel directly in the app) revealed
no problems at all listening to the radio through these applications.

Does anyone have any idea why MythTV would suddenly stop working with
DVB-T radio channels with

2006-08-25 20:29:21.276 DTVSM(0) Error: We want 0 audio and 1 video streams
                       But have 1 audio and 0 video streams

Cheers,
Nick

--