[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings is slow with SVN and no fglrx module

Luke Rosenthal mythtv at harderstuff.net
Sun Aug 27 03:09:42 UTC 2006

> When I skip through the "Watch Recordings" it takes several seconds, the X
> process takes 100%CPU usage during that time. I tried several things with
> the fonts, but no difference. I tried DPI(100x100) and (80x100), but that
> also makes no difference. Also different themes did not speed up anything.

I had the same problem when I was not using the correct driver for my
video card.  When this was the case, and I had XvMC turned on, when
mythfrontend attempted to watch recordings or livetv i got an errorin my
logs telling me that XvMC wasn't supported by my video driver.  Perhaps
your system has fallen back to using the stock (non-optimized) driver?

The overall performance of my system when opening up the "Recordings"
screen was woeful before I changed drivers.  Holding the down-arrow key
made the box hit 100% CPU (running on P4 4gHz, 1gb ram).

Luke