[mythtv-users] muilding from source (was mytharchive, no configure file anywhare in tree)

Ben Edwards (lists) lists at videonetwork.org
Sat Aug 26 19:01:51 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 17:09 +0100, Nick wrote:
> On 25/08/06, Ben Edwards (lists) <lists at videonetwork.org> wrote:
> > There is no configure file anywhare within the tree.  I have only
> > downloaded mytharchive source, the rest of the stuff was installed from
> > oackages.  Are you saying I need to download and install everything from
> > source?
>
> Can you wait 2 weeks for the 0.20 release? MythArchive was brought
> into the realm of mythplugins a while ago, but used to separate so you
> could build it independently. I suppose you could checkout mythplugins
> and just build mytharchive but you would likely run into problems with
> your existing package build.

Ime working away from home for at least six months in a week and wanted
to archive stuff off the box before then so I think I am going to try to
install from source.  I guess I need to do everything, rather than just
the plugins or mytharchive.

My current packages are for .19.5, thing is should I do

svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv
svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins
svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/myththemes

to get the sources or should I be getting a 'pathced' version, if so
what svn commands should I run?

I am building on Ubuntu Dapper with a deb-t card.  I found a howto at
http://www.phoenixus.co.uk/blog/category/ubuntu/ and was going to try
it.  There douse not seem to be a --enable-dvb-t for configure, just a
--dnable-dvb, is this OK?

Also once I have built I guess I simply need to use apt-get to remove
all the myth packages and make install them.  Should this work without
screwing up my configuration?

Regards,
Ben