[mythtv-users] [OT] New Nvidia driver released (8774)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Aug 26 16:16:40 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 08:48 +0200, Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> Nvidia released a new driver, version 87.74. Reading the release
> highlights there's unfortunately not something to get excited about.
> Does not seem to be a real improvement for the myth community.
>
> Added support for X.Org 7.1.
> Added support for XVideo with the Composite X extension when using X.Org
> 7.1.
> Improved interaction with newer Linux kernels.

Actually, making XVideo work with Composite was something I
asked for. I've been working on an OSD renderer for MythTV
which uses composite to get full color OSD over XvMC decoded
video. This not only gives you full color OSD but also makes
XvMC playback smoother because we won't have to waste two of
the eight XvMC surfaces on OSD.

This won't show up in SVN for a while though, I'm going on
vacation then I'll be moving so I won't have many MythTV
cycles for the next couple months.

-- Daniel