[mythtv-users] Removing the skiplist

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 13:58:39 UTC 2006

On 8/26/06, Daniel Olson <pureolson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've wondered about this myself.
>
> Both can be removed via mysql calls.
> Removing the cutlist:
> update recorded set cutlist = "" where title = "Show" and subtitle = "Episode";
>
> The other commercial info appears to be located in the recordedmarkup
> table (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Recordedmarkup_table)
>   MARK_UPDATED_CUT = -3,
>    MARK_EDIT_MODE = -2,
>    MARK_CUT_END = 0,
>    MARK_CUT_START = 1,
>    MARK_BOOKMARK = 2,
>    MARK_COMM_START = 4,
>    MARK_COMM_END = 5,

Thanks for the info. I too want to do this since mythtranscode
--honorcutlist --mpeg2 creates a very annoying av sync problem with my
recordings, I have created a script to do the commercial cutting with
projectx but this creates problems when I try to view the cut files in
mythtv.

> My guess (and that's all it is) is that a query like:
> delete from recordedmarkup where chanid = 1010 and starttitme =
> "2006-08-23 10:00:00" and type > 3 and type < 6;
> would remove all the commercial flag marks for a given episode.
>
> I should note that the recordedmarkup table contains indices to
> keyframes and when these are pointing to incorrect locations, playback
> is erroneous.
>
> One of these days I will look into how to rebuild the keyframes info
> in the recordedmarkup table.  But for now I move my transcoded shows
> to the video directory and watch them using mplayer.

Look at:
mythtcommflag --rebuild

John