[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD 5500

Andrew Casper andrew at andrewcasper.com
Thu Aug 24 21:30:24 UTC 2006

On Aug 24, 2006, at 1:56 PM, Nathan Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Ron Garrison wrote:
>
>> On 8/24/06, Jim C. <jlistnews at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've just purchased two of these and thought I might inquire as
>>> to how
>>> well supported they might be.  Will they play well with MythTV?
>>

>> They should work fine.  They use the same basic drivers as the
>> Airstar
>> HD-5000, which works fine with MythTV.  You will need an updated
>> Kernel for
>> out of the box support.  Not certain what that is.  I'm running
>> 2.6.16.22a.
>> I don't think it had the updated version of the driver that added
>> PCHD5500,
>> but I could be wrong.
>
> According to their web site, kernel 2.6.18 will include support for
> the
> 5500 (which to my knowledge is not out yet.) I had to use the
> drivers from
> their site for my kernel (version 2.6.16.) It works beautifully,
> though.
> Great picture quality.
>
> Nate

Kernel support will be greatly appreciated when it comes.

I'm using Fedora 5 and kernel 2.17.2174 and the drivers work well.
There is an issue with dvb_net.c when compiling - something about
that file not liking to compile on odd numbered kernels. I found a
fix on the web and everything works great.

- Andrew