[mythtv-users] Toggling TV-Out with a Gamepad

Jacob Kuenzel jayekub at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 21:22:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'd like to be able to enable/disable my nvidia card's TV-Out using my
gamepad (I'm using an older tv and I need an rf modulator to use the
svideo from my Myth box.  I'd like to be able to switch between Myth and
regular cable input without having to screw with the cables. Toggling
the tv-out accomplishes this.)

I have already written a script that does the toggling using nvtv, and I
know how to setup gamepad button to key mappings, so what I really need
is a way to bind a key to an action that will execute an arbitrary
command. I noticed that ui buttons have an "EXEC" action, but there
doesn't appear to be an analogous key action (I tried inserting a new
row into the keybindings table with "EXEC /path/to/my/script.sh" as the
action--it didn't work.

Is there any way to do this without writing any code (maybe somehow
binding a key to activating a button)? I'm sure I could find a 3rd party
app to handle it, but I would rather do it within Myth if possible so I
don't need to have a bunch of different programs listening for joystick
events.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jacob Kuenzel