[mythtv-users] Remove program listings from database

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:53:12 UTC 2006

On 24/08/06, OJ <ole at legaard.net> wrote:
> I'm running 0.19.
>
> Is it possible to delete all program listings from the database?

I _think_ the only way to achieve this through the MythTV interface is
to enter mythtv-setup and then choose to delete all video sources on
the video sources page. Deleting a single videosource does not appear
to do this - it just removes the videosource from the database
(someone please correct me if I am wrong here). However, if you want
to keep your videosources intact, this isn't a solution.

If you want to keep your video sources but delete all program listing
information, the only way to achieve this is to edit the database
directly - remember this is more risky, and you really need to remove
the information from all the associated program listing tables
(program, credits, programrating, programgenres, etc).

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/