[mythtv-users] Auto-transcode not working

Mike Frisch mfrisch at isurfer.ca
Thu Aug 24 17:32:15 UTC 2006

My default is to *not* auto-transcode, however I have auto-transcode
enabled for several programs in my recording schedule.  For some reason,
most of these programs are not automatically transcoded.  Transcoding
does work manually, and at least 1 or 2 have worked automatically.

There seems to be nothing relevent in mythbackend.log or the backend log
in MythWeb.  I can see the recording ending but there's no hint of
mythtranscode being attempted.

I am running MythTV SVN current.

Can anybody help debug?  Where should I be looking?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.