[mythtv-users] Aus: rex.pl and mythfilldatabase

Darren fender_bender at aandr.com.au
Thu Aug 24 02:43:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:14 pm, Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> Hi Aussies
>
> My first round of guide data was manually configured and downloaded.
> Then I used mythfilldatabase with the --file option to load the
> resulting guide.xml. I was wondering if anyone has automated this so
> kicking off mythfilldatabase automatically grabs and loads the data, and
> if so, could you enlighten me. My datasource  name is DigitalFTA.xml but
> I don't know how to set it up with that file. I am down to 2 days
> listings so I would like to get this going soon.
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

Not sure what grabber your using but you can maybe either rename files or sym
link them or sign-up with http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/TVGuide/ .
Register with the TWiki, First & last name is also your Wikiname or your IP
will be banned. Once you have signed-up got to the in 'TV Guide web
interface' then 'Set user preferences' choose the channels you want also set
download format to XMLTV format. Go back to
http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/TVGuide/ and download the script 'A
simple XMLTV grabber' the grabber will then need to be setup for your
state/city.
Mythfilldatabase runs the grabber and loads up data without a prob.

regards
Darren

--
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove
all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln