[mythtv-users] Fedora card detection order

Allen J. Newton anewton at alturia.fleet.org
Wed Aug 23 17:07:32 UTC 2006

Previously I wrote:
> Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:59:23 -0600
> Subject: Re: Fedora card detection order

> The script is called setVideoDevs and should be installed into /etc/init.d/
> and is chkconfig-compliant and set to launch before lircd and mythbackend.
>
> HTH

I should also point out that, in addition to being a kludge, the version I
posted has the lirc portion commented out because, on that particular backend,
it only had one IR port, so no futzing with /dev/lirc was needed.

On another backend, I had a PVR-350 and a WinTV card, both of which had IR
ports, and the eye was connected to the 350.

It's also a work in progress, but definitely fixes the /dev/video and
/dev/radio problem for me.

I wrote this the day after having spent the previous entire day trying to fix
the problem the "right" way and not quite figuring it out.

--
Allen J. Newton  (anewton at alturia.fleet.org)