[mythtv-users] OSD menu customization?

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Tue Aug 22 18:20:49 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 8/21/06, Otto Kolsi <otto at kolsi.fi> wrote:
>> Is it possible to customize the OSD menu, e.g. to remove certain menu
>> items that are never used? I mean, through some config files and not by
>> patching the frontend? I did find info for customizing normal menus and
>> themes, but not how to modify the OSD menu..
>
> all the OSD and menu themes are easily modified and do not require
> recompiling Myth itselft.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Theme_development_guide
>
> a similar OSD Theme Development Guide has yet to be created, but is
> similar in format.

Are we really talking about the same thing.. If I look e.g. to
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Titivillus-OSD/ I see plenty of .png
files and only one XML file.

When looking into this file, I can see following block:

   <container name="menu">
     <listtreemenu name="menu">
       <area>40,50,620,300</area>
       <listsize>0,0,274,260</listsize>
       <leveloffset>10</leveloffset>
       <gradient type="unselected" start="#505050" end="#000000"
alpha="100">
       </gradient>
       <gradient type="selected" start="#5238CA" end="#343898" alpha="255">
       </gradient>
       <fcnfont name="infofont" function="active"></fcnfont>
       <fcnfont name="infofontgray" function="inactive"></fcnfont>
     </listtreemenu>
   </container>

I can see that various sizes etc. can be configured. But what I'm
looking is how to e.g. hide certain menu items from the OSD menu. For
example, I don't ever use Teletext Captions so I'd like to get rid of
that OSD menu item, same goes for the Manual Zoom mode etc. So.. is
there a way to edit e.g. above XML file to achieve this or is this
something that cannot be done?
--
   Otto