[mythtv-users] Clean Shutdown from Frontend??

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Tue Aug 22 13:27:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

      I am trying to fix a minor annoyance:

    When I exit the Mythfrontend with "Exit and Shutdown" the system
shutsdown but fails to finally switch off power.   However if I log in
remotely and execute "shutdown -h now" it switches off completely.

    Is there any way to improve the mythfrontend shutdown command?

    Secondly, is there a way to link a keystroke to a shutdown command?  (I
have a remote which generates keystrokes directly rather than lirc and I
would like to link up the power button to something useful)

Many thanks,
Dave