[mythtv-users] satellite receiver tuner card

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 22 00:14:54 UTC 2006

On 08/21/2006 05:51 PM, Joe Votour wrote:

>On the other hand, it might be possible
>that satellite providers have boxes that do Firewire output now

No firewire output from any DISH network receiver.  Of course, you can't
even buy a DVR from DISH, either--so, unless you've got a VCR (or Myth
;), you can't record DISH network programming.

http://www.smartmoney.com/bn/ON/index.cfm?story=ON-20060818-000668-1132

I just don't understand how it can be legal for TiVo to stop DISH's
selling DVR units (and disabling recording on existing DVR units).
Doing so directly affects DISH subscribers--so it's not just a corporate
dispute, anymore.

Mike