[mythtv-users] Help with ALSA and SPDIF again

Timothy Bish tabish at twcny.rr.com
Mon Aug 21 23:36:14 UTC 2006

I had another thread running but its been awhile so I will start a new one

I'm trying to get alsa spdif pass-through working and I'm not having much
success with xine.  I was using the spdif on my NForce 4 board, but I'm
trying a CMedia based card now as the NForce just wouldn't cooperate at all.

I can get almost everything working on spdif with the CMedia card except
Xine.  When I select passthrough with xine the error "The audio device is
unavailable, please verify if another program already uses it."  Nothing
else is running so I don't know what could be using the spdif portion of the
card.

I getting pretty frustrated at this point.  I'm using passthrough so my
asound.conf shouldn't matter right.  And I've enabled IEC958 Output in
alsamixer.  Mplayer and myth seem to work ok with the spdif??  Any thoughts?

Timothy A. Bish

tabish at twcny.rr.com