[mythtv-users] Firewire question

Aaron Howard archanoid at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 15:03:40 UTC 2006

Just looking for some verification here.  From everything I've read
(google, old mythtv threads, etc.) it appears using firewire I should be
able to get the digital cable and HD channels from my SA3250HD box
(non-5C channels, that is), but I still need an NTSC tuner to get the
SD/analog channels and some other way to get down-sampled 5C channels.

Is that correct?  It's not a problem, but I'm in the planning phase for
setting up an HD MythTV rig and trying to cover my bases.

thanks,
-Aaron