[mythtv-users] Odd frontend start up problem after 'ssh -X mythtv-setup'

Bryan Bennetts bbennetts at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 12:20:03 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have a rather odd problem when I start up my frontend+backend machine - I
end up looking at one of the mythtv-setup pages!

I have kdm setup to auto login as my mythtv user, my .xinit/.xsession kick off
mythwelcome which in turn kicks off mythfrontend when I manually start the
machine.  One day I decided to try ssh -X to run mythtv-setup.  This didn't
work too well, not giving me aything but the mythtv-setup window, blue but
with no contents.  However, from this point on whenever I turn my machine on
instead of going to mythfrontend I get one of the mythtv-setup windows.
Hitting escape causes what appears to be a crash and I have to start the
frontend by killing X and logging in as my mythtv user.

I'm not sure what happens whent he machine automagically turns itself on for a
recording, but I can only guess that it is correctly staying on the
mythwelcome screen as the machine is turning itself off correctly.

As far as I can tell there isn't a mythtv-setup running when it is in this
state.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I've obviusly knackered it somehow but am not
sure how...

Cheers, Bry.