[mythtv-users] Weird inverted menu colors with SVN. Any thoughts?

Michael Weber mtweber at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 02:54:36 UTC 2006

>* > -----Original Message-----
*>* > From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
*>* > [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
Of Michael T. Dean
*>* > Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2006 2:03 PM
*>* > To: Discussion about mythtv
*>* > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Weird inverted menu colors with
*>* > SVN. Any thoughts?
*>* >
*>* >
*>* > On 08/18/06 10:00, William wrote:
*>* >
*>* > >Here is my latest strange problem with attempting to upgrade to SVN.
*>* > >All the menu colors and backgrounds are like they are a
*>* > negative image.
*>* > >TV and videos play fine. I have tried the QT and openGL
*>* > painters with
*>* > >the same results. Video card is a nVidia FX5200 driving a
*>* > HDTV monitor
*>* > >via the vga connector. Does the same thing on a regular monitor too.
*>* > >Driver is the latest (8672 I think) Also, when I exit the
*> >* frontend, the
*> >* >myth user x session crashes and I am returned to the login
*> >* screen. Any
*> >* >thoughts?
*> >* >
*> >*
*> >* X color palette issue.  My recommendation: restart X (may
*> >* want to go to
*> >* the extent of a reboot for good measure).
*> >*
*> >* If that doesn't work, what bit depth are you using?
*> >*
*>
> Hi Mike,
>
> I have tried both painters and multiple xserver reboots. (Mythtv user
> crashes back to the login screen whenever you exit mythfrontend when running
> the nvidia driver.)I have also tried the xv drivers with no difference. I
> also did a couple of full reboots, one each nv and nvidia.  I have my system
> set to use 24 bit color. I have 2 resolutions configured in xorg.conf. A
> 480p and 1080i modeline customized for my hdtv monitor. I even went so far
> as to manually delete the contents of the cache directories as well as all
> config files and then do a full virgin install. All of this works flawlessly
> in 0.19.
>
> I really would like to resolve this before the full release of 0.20 so that
> I could report it in trac if it turns out to be a myth issue.

William,
  I had this exact problem a couple weeks ago.  This might not be too
much help, but
(for me) it had something to do with the nvidia drivers themselves.  I
am also running
8672.  I uninstalled all of the nvidia packages and then reinstalled
them and everything
was fixed.

Mike (#2)